Thursday, April 13, 2006

Festivals - Sarikei Chinese New Year 2006 (Part II)

Sarikei CNY 2006 - Bilingual Happy New Year greetings

Sarikei CNY 2006 - Laterns at Jalan Masjid Lama

Sarikei CNY 2006 - Laterns from Ngee Hin kopitiam to Sugar Bun

Sarikei CNY 2006 - Fireworks over Nyelong Park

Sarikei CNY 2006 - The fireworks was as good as any other city, if not better


A reader, Sim, captured these magical moments of CNY 2006. A picture paints a thousand words so I will let his photos do the talking. Hmm, I didn't know the "Sugar Bun" road is called the Jalan Masjid Lama (Old Mosque Road in Bahasa Malaysia) until I checked the map (see the 31 Mar 2006 archive for map). Not many local folks know the road names as the town is small enough to just know the landmarks. I can remember the old wooden mosque from my cycling days through the kampung (village in Malay) mud road then. Does anyone have a picture?

For my CNY 2006 article, pls click on the March 2006 archive on the side bar. Scroll to 8 Mar posting (includes a video). Belated Gong Xi Fa Cai ("Congrats & make fortune" in Chinese).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails