Sarikei Repok Road 2005 - View from Rejang River.
Silent Night, Trolley Night.Find the minibike and goods trolley chained to the fence.
ime flies. It's time to reflect on the top 10 events in Sarikei in 2006. The links are in the numbers if you like to refresh your mind.
10. Raise the red lantern. Inaugural Chinese New Year lantern decoration at Masjid Lama Road.
09. Flower to the people. The new toilet at Nyelong River got funky with flora.
08. Double vision. Pesta Nenas (Pineapple Festival) evolved to a twice yearly Pesta Sarikei.
07. The rubber hits the road. Natural rubber continues comeback as a cash crop.
06. Toll Fee: Sibu Lanang Bridge opened in Apr'06. Toll Free: Sibu Durin Bridge opened in Oct'06.
Krim Soda (made in Bintangor). Cheers!
04. Size does matter. Mega 3rd Hospital officially opened.
03. Hand to mouth. Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease struck.
02. Power to the people. Surprising results in the Sarawak Elections
And now, drum roll please, ... the winner is...
01. Dazed by the haze! Sarikei made headlines as the most polluted in Malaysia!
And you thought nothing exciting ever happened in Sarikei. I hope you have enjoyed the journey. I have learned a lot about Sarikei doing research for the posts and from the readers' comments. Thanks to those who have contributed photos and ideas.
Please comment on what you like (eg: Nolstalgia? Rare old photos? Things you never knew about Sarikei? Style of writing? Updates? etc) or don't like about this blog (eg: too slow without broadband? Not enough food articles? Too wordy? Too short? etc).
Here's to 2007. * Cheers! *