Saturday, June 06, 2009

History - Sarikei High School (Sekolah Tinggi) Part 5 - 1975

I wanted to say a picture tells a thousand words. In actual fact, I don't know enough of Sekolah Tinggi to do a good write up. So enjoy the pictures and maybe some of the alumni will add further comments.

For all pictures, click to enlarge and click back arrow to come back.


The Mandarin version of the school history.
Similar to the English version posted before.


Chen Ko Ming's message, 1975
Supervisor of the School


School staff 1975 - how many do you know?



Bicycles galore - the main mode of student transport then.
It was safer to cycle along Repok Road then...


Top - Wong Yuk Sing using an abacus - the "computer" then.


How many of you can recall the canteen?


Did you look sexy in an uniform?




Extra Curricular Activities


School Sports day at the former padang
Current Civic Centre location.


Mr Sim (teacher and coach) and his proteges



The 1970s basketball and volleyball teams were very strong


Top - Yip Pau Cheng 葉寶珍 , the biggest sports star of the school
Click Sports label to read her bio.



Source of all pictures:
Ease Chen

5 comments:

Sarawakiana@2 said...

You could write a nice article about Madam Ngieng Hun Hee who was a great English Teacher and woman sports leader from Sarikei!

Yan said...

I remember the canteen where I had my lunch for six years! I especially remember the seniors who were so loving and caring. That formed much of my memories of Sekolah Tinggi Sarikei.

And I was to the further left in the picture of "debating society"!

Those were the days!

Yan said...

Hi, Daniel,

Can "borrow" the picture on debating society for a post in my blog?

Thanks.

长竹 said...

这个篮球场是我投我生平的第一粒篮球进的。从来没打过球的我,在江汉老师的提议下,他要求我们7号班的所有四班同学比赛打球。我是班里最高的一个。同学们就派我出场。开始的时候,我是站在最近蓝框底下。我一队的同学丢给我球后,我就丢它进框。哗!丢进了呢!江老师看了哈哈笑:“长竹不错,还帮人家拿分数呢。”后来,对方就以两分胜过我队。一生中,就只打那么一次篮球。不过,倒有两个儿子会打篮球的。算是弥补了我的一份!哈哈!

Daniel Yiek said...

Sarawakian,
Sorry, I have no info about Madam Ngieng Hun Hee and I'll be glad to feature any guest writer. Infact, I'm asking someone to help on the Girls Brigade story of Methodist School.


Yan and Long Bamboo,
It's nice to know that old pics can trigger such nolstalgic memory.

Now we know why they call you Long Bamboo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails